Sunday, 29 January 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I had a card making fest yesterday so it is which one to feature today!!
This is another Saturated Canary image - this time it is 'Dorothy' so I have an excuse to talk about one of my favourite musicals!! It definitely has one of the best songs of all time in it - 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow', which inspired my background paper..
I made the background paper using the website www.wordle.net
Basically you paste in a lump of text (the lyrics in my case) and it produces a word cloud. This is using most of the words in the song and the bigger they are, the more they feature in the song. You can change to colour and the font so it looks pretty!
I printed the word cloud off, cut it down to size and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz 'Tumbled Glass' Distress Ink. I then matted and layered it onto red and blue Core'dinations then fixed onto card base and used the same distress ink to colour the edges of the card blank. The shaped card blank is from Craftwork Cards, along with the sentiment.
Dorothy was coloured in using my trusty ProMarkers (Powder Blue, Arctic Blue, Blush, Pale Pink, Poppy, Shale, Caramel, Sandstone, Tan, Ivory, Cool Grey 1 and Ice Grey 2). She was then layered onto red Core'dinations and distressed with 'Tumbled Glass'.
I coloured some paper roses with the 'Tumbled Glass' and a waterbrush pen to coordinate and punched a butterfly in coordinating card using a Tonic punch, which I then embellished with red Kaisercraft gems, alongside the outside corners of the backing paper.
The colour scheme of this card is a bit different to what I would normally do but I think it works.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment