Saturday, 28 January 2012

Snowy Kisses!

I know it is a bit late for Christmas cards but I haven't posted anything since last weekend and I was so chuffed with how this card turned it is still sitting in the living room. I made it for my husband for Christmas this year. It was one of those sit down and see what happens kind of cards. And I think it turned out rather well :)
I bought a new stamp for the occasion, which is a SWALK Christmas stamp from Crafter's Companion called 'Love You' .. just love them!! The stamped sentiment is also from the same stamp set.
I coloured it with ProMarkers (Poppy, Sunflower, Honeycomb, Tea Green, Cool Grey 1, Blush, Pale Pink and Lush Green) and spritzed over the entire image with Crafter's Companion silver Spray and Sparkle, which might not be clear on the picture.
The frame around the image is Spellbinders ' Fleur di Lis Squares' - which looks lovely with any stamped image!
I distressed the edges of the card blank with 'Barn Door' Tim Holtz Distress Ink.
I then matt and layered a piece of green Core'dinations cardstock onto a slightly larger square of holographic cardstock and adhered to the base. The core'dinations card was embossed with a Papermania snowflakes embossing folder and sanded with a sanding block to reveal the lighter core on the raised pattern.
I then finished off the card with some green gems, some red felt snowflakes and sparkly letters.
New non-Christmas card coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment