Sunday, 12 February 2012

Flittered Flutterbies

Well.. yesterday was my first experience of a craft show and it was the best things ever!! I went to the SCC craft show at EventCity next to the Trafford Centre.
It didn't take me long at all to start spending .. and I just couldn't stop!!
I don't regret it one little bit, it was fab, I have never seen so much crafty stuff in one room (although it was a rather large room!)
Anyway, I soon got playing with all my new toys when I got home and came up with the above card. I have to say, there were a few of the demos I saw that inspired me and resulted in me buying the products..
I created the background on my card by blending Pool and Stream Adirondack inks along with Pumice Stone Tim Holtz distress ink. I did this with my new Inkylicious blending brushes. They are fab!! I then stamped round the edges with the Flutter 1 stamp set from Inkylicious along with a stamp from the Create-A-Collage Vintage Script set also by Inkylicious. This company do absolutely beautiful stamps and the samples at the show were gorgeous!! These butterfly stamps are exquisite and so detailed. This background was then matted onto some brown Core'dinations.
I also got a fine line glue set by Glitter Perfect, which I used to trace 3 of the butterflies on the background, which I then flittered with iridescent glitter. The results are beautiful, I think you can just about make them out on the picture.
The centre butterfly topper was created in the same way as the backing paper. Distressed with the above colours and then stamped. I then went over the butterfly with my Versamark pen and applied pink mica powder. I matted this onto brown Core'dinations and fixed with foam pads. I then stamped the butterfly again onto acetate and stuck over the stamped image with the wings folded upwards (see below)
I then finished the card with some bronze coloured gems and a Craftwork Cards sentiment.
Quite a step away from my usual creations but I love it. It's great to learn new techniques and then try them out.
Bring on the next craft show!!
Hope you have enjoyed your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment