Friday, 23 March 2012

Shabby Chic


I have been wanting after these Kanban steam punk stamps since I first saw them on TV and I am not disappointed. They were a gift to myself through the post this week! They are beautiful!!
I love the steam punk/shabbi chic look and this card kind of combines the two ..
I coloured the dress with my ProMarkers and coloured pencils and distressed the edges of the white card with Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
The backing paper is by Paper Cellar and this along with the stamped image are backed onto some pearlescent Papermania cardstock.


One of my favourite elements on this card is the metallic flourish, which I achieved with FlitterGlu and gilding flakes from IndigoBlu. I saw Kay demonstrating this at a craft shop recently and the stuff is amazing. It basically works like an ink pad but is glue so it picks up the finest details of your stamp and then you add the gilding flakes .. stunning!!


I finished the card off with a Craftwork cards sentiment, some flowers from Wild Orchid crafts and some lovely pearl gems.

Bellissimo!!

Challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Shabby Chic/Vintage Challenge

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous!Love the sweet mix of shabby and vintage! Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe crafts!!

    ReplyDelete