Sunday, 4 March 2012

Sitting Pretty


I have had this Magnolia 'Bon Voyage' stamp for quite a while and I have been a bit naughty this week and bought a few new ones .. once of which was this bench. So clever .. so now Tilda has something to sit on!!! :)
Again, I coloured her in with my trusty Promarkers, adding coloured pencils over the top for shading, loving this effect. Especially on the hair!
I die cut around her with a Sizzix circle die cut and distressed the edges with Adirondack Pool Dye Ink. I then die cut a Sizzix scalloped circle in turquoise Core'dination to matt the circle onto. I also distressed the edges of this with a sanding block. I then cut another slightly smaller scalloped circle, which I embossed with the Venus embossing folder from Craft Concepts and sanded to reveal the beautiful pattern. On the finished card I offset the smaller one behind the main image to reveal some of the embossed pattern.
I distressed the edges of my card blank with the Adirondack Pool Ink Pad (such a beautiful colour!!) and then matted some backing paper from the 5th Avenue Melissa Frances paper pad onto turquoise Core'dinations. I distressed the edges of the backing paper with the Pool inkpad again and added some faux stitching with my black fineliner.
I finished the card off with some Kaisercraft gems, a filigree silver corner from Wild Orchid Crafts, some Prima flowers to match my colour scheme, a couple of large pearl gems for the flower centres and a Craftwork Cards sentiment.
I love Magnolia stamps, they are such a joy to colour in and I love the end result of this one with my new bench!!

I have entered this card into the Just Magnolia Anything Goes challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, Laura! I just love this aqua blues and turquoise; I use these colors all the time! Beautiful coloring as well!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Magnolia!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete