Tuesday, 13 March 2012

You Make Me Smile ..

And now for an adorable House Mouse card!!
I do love House Mouse and I don't have half as many of them as I wish I had! They are the most adorable images and I love the Happy Hoppers ones as well ..
So, for this card I used a Craftwork Cards shaped base card and holographic mirri card for the matting. The spotty backing paper is from the Snowman crafting CD ROM from Crafter's Companion. It may be a Christmas one but you can change the colours and some of the designs can be used all year round. Fab CD Rom by the way!!
My main image is stamped out several times and I made my own decoupage with it. This is the first time I have attempted DIY decoupage with a stamp and I think it turned out rather well!
The image was coloured with ProMarkers and the edges of the white card we distressed with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
There is a Dawn Bibby flourish stamp in the background, which was stamped with the Victorian Velvet and embellished with some pink Kaisercraft gems, which I also used in the corner of the spotty paper.
I then finished off with a House Mouse sentiment, a white organza bow and some Wild Orchid Craft mulberry roses.
Oh and the pewter hearts were the offcuts from my Marianne snowflake die cut for the wedding card I posted yesterday - waste not want not!!

Here is a side view of the decoupage:


Challenges:

Happy Tuesday!!

16 comments:

  1. This is really cute, I like the shape of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- this is absolutely STUNNING in every detail!!! FAB dimension and decoupage look. Wonderful take on the Cupcake Photo Inspiration Challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends MC. Good Luck & Hope to see you joining us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, this is simply beautiful. Such a soft pretty presentation of the decoupaged card. Lots of stamping and fussy cutting going on here, but so worth it. Thanks for sharing your card with us and joining the challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday. Great take on the challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shaping to this beautiful card and such soft colours too, thank you for joining us for our Photo Inspired challenge at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, thank you for joining in the fun at House Mouse & Friends Monday Photo Challenge & good luck. Jane (GDT) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so amazed of your card that I became speechless. Just a dream!!!

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo cute! Have you seen the Urban Stamps from papermania...I want them so badly and I don't even do stamping!!! See you in two days time!! Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cute and Pretty creation. Thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends challenge, good luck
    Mousey Hugs
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow !! this is fabulous !! the decoupage is gorgeous !! It must have taken you ages to do this but so well worth it ! i love the shape, colours and embellies too ,,, lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this certainly made me smile, it's such an adorable card, the shape, colouring and embellishments are wonderful. Thank you for joining us over at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge with your beautiful work.
    Hugs
    Suzi GDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful sweet HM creation gorgeous colouring & love the way you have decoupaged this cute image beautiful flowers & layout..defo making me smile..

    thanks for sharing your adorable HM creation at HM & friends chall.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful shape and dimension on this darling card! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!! Such a gorgeous creation sweetie!! Love the colors and touch of gold! Thanks for playing along with us over at House Mouse & Friends! Hope you will join us again and good luck!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow... this is just beautiful. Very delicate and feminine. Gorgeous job. Thanks for playing in our House Mouse and Friends Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Laura. Your decoupage came out really well. Thanks so much for joining us on this months Challange on the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete