Friday, 18 May 2012

Big Shoes

I am so excited about this card!! I am trying to use more brights in my cards as mine are usually more muted colours. I saw this stamp ages ago on a card someone had made and was so chuffed the other day when I found it in a digi. It is by Mo Manning and you can get hold of it at Mo's Digital Pencil!! I did buy some others, which you will see on a card near you soon!!


So this digi is called big shoes and I think it is just adorable! I have coloured it with my ProMarkers and I think I am getting there with my technique. I have been practising so hard! It is good if you have an image that has markings on to help with the shading, like on the clothes with this image. I found a really good tutorial by Kim from Just Wordz. You can find this on her blog at http://www.justwordz.ca/
It is definitely the best one I have been able to find! It is in 4 parts just in case you have a look and wonder why it stops part way through .. but it is fab!! Thanks Kim! :)


Ingredients:
Big Shoes digi by Mo Manning
Core'dinations - normal and whitewash
Kate Knight backing paper (freebie with mag)
Labels 8 dies by Spellbinders
Swirls and Dots embossing folders by Cuttlebug
Tina Wenke sentiment
WOC flowers
Pool Adironack
Pearl gems
Pink paper
ProMarkers

Have good weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute .. i love the image - such a pretty card - and i think all us girls remember clip clopping in our mums high heels lol
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Laura, love the image, fabulous colouring...Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Laura. Love the image and the colouring is fabulous. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Laura! Love that image and all your details - all so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Laura, I'm lovin' Mo Manning images at the minute and your colours are stunning on this one!
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Laura!! I love that image and your colouring looks just perfect to me. Beautiful choice of colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Laura, love the colouring

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Laura, I love the image and colours.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura, aren't Mo's images just brilliant! So sweet and great to colour and you've certainly done a fab job with this one.

    Love the colours and your paper is gorgeous.

    Sarah

    PS - Best of luck with the challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, what a gorgeous card. This reminds me of me when I was younger!!! Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Laura what a little cutie, I love your colouring, its a gorgeous card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card sweetie the colours are gorgeous. Love love love the image.

    I will add your challenge blinkie to my blog today shug good luck with it sweets.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww this is adorable Laura! Such a sweet image and your coloring is beautiful!! Best of luck with your new challenge blog! Sounds like fun!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, this is such a sweet card and really pretty colouring and details! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Laura, love the sweet image and gorgeous colours
    Good luck with your new challenge blog.
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete