Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Divas by Design - One for the Boys Challenge


The challenge at Divas by Design this week is 'One for the Boys' and this is my DT card. As I often say, I do struggle a bit with male cards but I actually really enjoyed making this one. I have invested in a few male stamps and this is the first time I have used this one. This is Football Edwin by Magnolia and he is coloured with my ProMarkers.

The backing papers are from First Edition from the Desert Blooms and Up and Away collections. They are matted onto pearlescent card by Papermania. The papers and sentiment have been distressed around the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The dies I have used on this card are Doohickey clouds and flags and the Sizziz Once Upon a Time alphabet strip die by Tim Holtz. I used some cheesecloth to try and create a net effect and the card is finished off with some copper coloured gems. Oh and the sentiment is from a set by Tina Wenke by Stampavie and is also stamped in Walnut Stain.

The challenge this week is sponsored by The Digi Garden and there are some proper cute images, which you could be in with a chance of winning! So what you waiting for, get crafting and I will see you over at the Divas challenge blog!

14 comments:

  1. Great card hun, love Edwin what a cutie!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab card, I love this edwin image and the papers and bunting are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the colours , image and papers and you're bunting is gorgeous .
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura a really gorgeous card and a brilliant male card, love your colouring to. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card Laura...love your colouring of Edwin and the banners are fab too!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic boy card Laura I really strugle with them but yours is just great! Hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Edwin looks so cute and i love the Bunting
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura I do love this card Edwin looks great so does the design, super creation.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Laura..!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, this is fabulous! Love the image, colours and layout. Great idea to use the cheesecloth too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Laura, Edwin looks a right little cutie!
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Laura, love the bunting!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww I love the image, he's so sweet! Gorgeous card too, love the colours and layout :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card & a great layout too. x

    ReplyDelete