Monday, 14 May 2012

Hello Sailor


Two posts in one day? What is going on?!

I am so chuffed with how this card turned out!! This is another of my new Magnolia stamps and I just love him, he is adorable!! I coloured him with my ProMarkers. The main backdrop was created with some white card, Weathered Wood Distress Ink and a Kanban Lighthouse stamp set that I have had for a while, which is all to do with the sea so works perfectly with this stamp. The second smaller square is blue whitewash Core'dinations using the Darice cogs embossing folder, then sanded down to reveal the core colour. This all backed onto a coordinating colour of Core'dinations.


I used cheesecloth for a net effect and also created a small knot with some baker's twine. The sentiment was created with an alphabet stamp set that I have with invidual letters. No idea where I got it from, it is probably one of the earliest things I ever bought! The anchor is again from the Kanban stamp set and then die cut with a Sizzix circle dies. Three pearl gems in the left corner finish this card perfectly!

Challenges:
MAWTT Nautical
Allsorts Card for a Man or Boy 
One Stop Craft Challenge Monochrome
Polka Doodles Mono
Midweek Magnolias Monochrome

Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card Laura , I think he is so cute and love the way you have coloured him.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card, Laura. Gorgeous
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont blame you for being chuffed sweetie I would be too its gorgeous I so love seeing blue on cards & the image is lush. It goes perfectly!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Laura...really love the image hun...and great layout too..:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laura this is super, what a great card, Its only now that I think oh I have that stamp!!!(The Kanban one) Could have used it for the challenge. Oops!!!

    What a sweet Edward too love the way you have coloured him, Thanks for playing on MAWTT, Love HAzelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Laura! Your attention to detail is fab.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura thank you for your lovely comments on my cards.
    Your card is fabulous, what fantastic work, well done .
    I love the image he is so cute and the mesh you have ised behind him makes it feel more nautical well done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Gorgeous Laura, I love the soft colours and the image and sentiment are superb.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Good Luck with the challenges.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word Laura this is fantastic, the design of this card is brilliant, the theme, colours and Edwin are a total delight.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should be chuffed this is utterly superb! Love the LO and wow he is cute I love the letters too! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is fab,
    I struggle with boy cards-you obviously don't :)
    Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
    Midweek Magnolias
    Hugs, Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Edwin looks so cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias this week.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wonderful and love all the detail just so perfect with Edwin! Thanks for joining Midweek Magniolia's whilst I have been the GDT Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous, love the image and perfect papers!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so pretty, I love the subtle colouring and DPs you have used so glad you joined us at Polka Doodles this week
    hugs

    ReplyDelete