Monday, 4 June 2012

Love to Create Father's Day/Special Guy Challenge

This is my first challenge as part of the Love to Create design team! And this week's challenge is Father's Day/ To a Special Guy. The challenge this week is sponsored by the fab Bugaboo stamps.
My card is made using their 'Guy Bike' digi:

I really struggle with men's cards so I decided to keep this one simple and make the image bigger. This is the first time I have done blending with the black ProMarker pen. I tend to steer clear of darker colours as they have a tendency to bleed quite badly. Clearly I have not been using the right paper!! However, Elegance Satin cardstock from Joanna Sheen is seriously good stuff!! I have tried a few and this is by far the best for ProMarkers. I tend to use a lot of colour and it doesn't bleed even with black and other darker colours, which I am starting to use more now in my blending.

The paper is by The Paper Cellar and is another oldy from my stash. I used Weathered Wood Distress Ink around the image and sentiment, which was printed off on my computer. Matting is done with Core'dinations and the card is finished with some coordinating Card Candy.

See you over at Love to Create!

6 comments:

  1. I love this fab image ( reminds me of my OH lol) your colouring is amazing and love the paper you have used on this gorgeous card.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, it looks great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Masculine card Laura!! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love your papers and design. So happy you are a DT with us at Love to Create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fab.. love that image
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isnt he super what a fab card Laura fab colours Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous male card, love the image and great colouring!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete