Friday, 1 June 2012

We know we belong to the land!!

As soon as I saw this fab image by Kenny K I thought of the musical Oklahoma! I don't know whether you have seen it but she looks like she just walked out of it ..  
It just happens that this is the show me and my husband have just started rehearsing for with a local am dram group, so it fits quite well me thinks!


She is called 'Farmers Daughter' and isn't she a belle! And of course I coloured her with my ProMarkers ..

The papers I have used are Kanban gingham cardstock and First Edition New Leaf papers. I have distressed the edges of the white card and the gingham with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and matts are created using Core'dinations. The swirls are Sizzlits dies from Sizzix and the corner is from the Parisian Accents die set from Spellbinders. The sentiment is from the new LOTV range and is cut out using my circle Sizzix dies. All finished off with some copper gems!


There is a chorus from one of the songs from Oklahoma, which is called 'The Farmer and the Cowman' which goes ..
Territory folks should stick together,
Territory folks should all be pals.
Cowboys dance with farmer's daughters,
Farmers dance with the ranchers' gals.

Couldn't be more perfect!

Happy Crafting!

Oh and there is a jubilee sale on over at Bearly Mine Designs!
Click on pic below to visit the shop and bag yourself some lovely papers!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Laura
    A fabulous card love the image and colour's are fabulous,have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so fab and so much fun! Great work hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's so adorable, lovely card.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow love this colour combo and this fab image on this gorgeous card.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous Laura...and enjoy the weekend too hun..:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Laura! So beautiful colours, and the image is gorgeous!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its brilliant Laura!! I was in Oklahoma twice when I was in our operatic society and its a lovely show, Enjoyyourself, the cards great hunnie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab image and love your colour choices!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have me humming that tune from Oklahoma now! :)

    Love this card Laura, cute image and fabulous matching papers and layout!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS - my fave tune from this musical is 'caint say no!'..... loved it since my mum made me watch it as a kid! :D

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laura, you'll have to forgive me for not popping over more often as your blog has disappeared off my dashboard! Blogger keeps doing this to me and I've no idea why - I do hope you re-appear soon as I'm missing all your fabulous cards!

    I had to comment on this one, not only because it is a great image and a perfect card - but because Oklahoma is one of my favourite musicals (along with many other Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals). I'm with Alison above that I love 'cain't say no' but then I also love 'The Surrey with a fringe on Top', 'Oh what a beautiful morning', ok OK - all of 'em are my favs!!!!

    Hope you are having a great long weekend.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fab card Laura.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete