Saturday, 14 July 2012

Year Out

It is absolutely ages since I made a card for a specific challenge and as I treat myself to a few new Saturated Canary images yesterday, I thought I would make a card for the SC challenge blog ..

As soon as I saw this image it reminded me of myself .. about 8 years ago, when I was off on my year abroad to Italy! It is more reminscent of me on the way home to be honest as I had accumulated a lot of stuff whilst I was there and had to pay excess baggage to bring it all home!! Anyway here she is .. this is 'Pack Light' .. I made this with a student in mind, going off on her travels with this card reminding her she will be missed back home .. just like I did!


I saw a card on Krista's blog I think of this image and she had coloured the hair red. I thought it looked proper funky so I decided mine was going to have red hair too!! Isn't she fabulous! I spent ages colouring her in today and am so chuffed with how she turned out. With my ever growing collection of ProMarkers I am able to do better shading with several shades of the same colour and my Elegance Satin card from Joanna Sheen is a dream when it comes to blending!!


She is matted onto kraft, as is the Bo Bunny Welcome Home backing paper. The sentiment is LOTV and everything is distressed with some Walnut Staink Distress Ink. All finished off with some bling!

Challenges:
Saturated Canary - Bling It On
One Stop Craft Challenge - Travel

Hope you are all having a fab weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Stunning card, gorgeous image and coloured so beautifully. I love her red hair!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura what a fabulous card I got this image too she's gorgeous hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh its a gorgeous image and i just love her red hair !
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here she is...a gorgeous card Laura, and what a great hair - didn't dare to color red hair, but I can see I should have, it looks fabulous!
    Have a nice Sunday!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Laura! Love this image, absolutely love how you've coloured her, she looks fab. Elegance Satin is rather fabulous isn't it?! :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful Laura. I'v just bought this image also. You've coloured her beautifully.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura.....gorgeous card I love the image which is coloured beautifully and the layout is stunning. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning beautiful card loving the colours and layout! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Laura what a stunning card , love this beautifully coloured image , her red hair is so funky
    Hugs Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card. Love her red hair.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. squeeee! oh laura this is absolutely perfect,its so awesome!!
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laura, love your blog and this card is gorgeous! I agree with you, the red hair looks fab! I might just have to try that one out one day.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura, I found your blog through the SC Challenge blog. I'm just amazed at how wonderful your cards are. I love your simplicity and your coloring is amazing! I can't wait to peruse the rest of your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sweetie, love your creation its beautiful, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card hun! LOVE her! Actually I've been coloring her up today! FUN! Thanks for joining us this time at Saturated Canary Challenge.
    Hugs, Denimo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is gorgeous, thanks for joining in this weeks oscc xx

    ReplyDelete