Friday, 31 August 2012

Card Makin' Mamas - Hearts

This is my last DT card for Card Makin's Mamas. I have come to the end of my 3 month term and have decided to step down from the team ..

So, here it is .. the theme this fortnight is Hearts so as long as your card features hearts somewhere on your card, you can enter!! Our sponsor this time is Close To My Heart and there is a stamp set up for grabs!!

My hearts are on the backing paper, in the little girl's hair and the pearly heart in the corner ...


I am so chuffed with how this card has turned out. I bought these 'Chocolate Lovers' papers the other day from Cuddly Buddly and I knew they would be perfect for this challenge. The image is 'Marion' by Mo Manning and ain't she cute!! I have coloured her with my ProMarkers, oh and the kitty too!!


I love these Fleur De Lys squares dies by Spellbinders and I haven't used them for ages. It's not easy getting an image that fits .. however, I did it and I think the frame looks fab. Everything is matted onto kraft, which is distressed with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Sentiment is also from Cuddly Buddly, from the 'Wee Ones' sentiment set. The silk ribbon and silver butterfly are from the Ribbon Girl, the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearls are The Hobby House. The pearl hearts were a craft gift!

Got a new stand to display my cards on too from Dunelm Mill! 79p for two, talk about a bargain! Just makes it look a bit better when taking a pic ..

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Mo's Digital Challenge - Lovely Layers
I Love ProMarkers - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

So nice easy one this time over at Card Makin' Mamas - look forward to seeing all your creations!

Happy Crafting!

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful color combo. Your coloring is phenomenal. Love all the layers and the image is just adorable.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card hunni loving the image & the papers.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Laura:) like the colour combo and the image is so cute:)
    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Laura....your colouring is fabulous. I have been looking at your blog and your work is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laura this is gorgeous, I really love that image it's so sweet and beautifully coloured. Hope you have a good weekend.
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Laura, lovely card. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Laura, adorable image and love the colours.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura, this is fabulous, I love the image. These papers are gorgeous and I love the layout.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura , what a gorgeous image . I love these colours and this fab layout on this stunning card.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is adorable. Always, loved this image and your coloring is just "purr"fect... Thanks for joining us at Mo's for Layers challenge this week.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image andcard good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers Anything Goes challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Laura what a beautiful card well done , sorry you have had to step down from the team. Thank you so much for your super comments on my blog . Have a super weekend
    Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Laura. Love the image and colours. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous, a perfect creation sweetie, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww how cute is she?! Absolutely gorgeous card hun, love the colours and all your pretty details :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card Laura, such an adorable image and great colours! Love the cards you have made lately, have been too busy to comment - but I'm here:)
    Have a nice Sunday!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful with such an adorable image!!! The colors work so well together and convey warmth and love! Really really delightful!
    Glad you shared your card with us at Mo's this week! Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this Laura, that image is totally adorable!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a wonderful card, fab colours and image.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card......thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers :)

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete