Monday, 6 August 2012

Songbird Challenges - Anything Goes/Love to Create - Punches/Dies

Well, the day has finally arrived and I am so excited to announce the first challenge at Songbird Challenges!! It feels like it has been a long time coming since I first announced the challenge blog and thank you to everyone who applied for the design team!!

The Songbird Challenge blog is different as each challenge is based on a song title or theme! And our first challenge is 'Anything Goes'. Nice easy one to get everyone going and it just so happens to be the title song of the musical Anything Goes!

So here is my card for our first challenge, featuring an image from our fabulous sponsors Meljen's!!


I have used to fabulous Fru Fru Fairy Joy image from Meljen's and she is of course coloured with my ProMarkers. Papers are First Edition Desert Blooms and Wild Rose Studio Butterfly Garden. The sentiment is from Pink Petticoat and all is matted onto Core'dinations. I have used a beautiful heart shaped doily from Dovecraft, some flowers and corner embellishment from Wild Orchid Crafts and some pearl gems.


You've got two for the price of one today as it is also time for a new challenge over at Love to Create! We want you to get out your dies and punches this week and we are sponsored by the fabulous Bugaboo, who have also given us some fab images to play with:


This is a very simple card using my Labels 18 dies by Spellbinders. I chose this image with a particular birthday card in mind for a little boy, who is 3 very soon!! So I hope he likes it! This is Clyde, the fabulous Bugaboo dragon! Isn't he cute!! He is coloured with my ProMarkers.


Papers are First Edition Up and Away and Dovecraft Princess FairyTale, along with Core'dinations. A glittery number 3 (think these are Paper Cellar) and another fab Pink Petticoat Sentiment! I am very cautious with boy cards, as you can see, I am sure what is allowed in terms of embellishments!

Anyway, two fabulous challenges there for you to join in with!!

Happy Crafting!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Laura, I love the images and great colours and layout

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!! :D
    Love your card! :)

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura I love your gorgeous cards ,fabulous images and lovely colours.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura. Two really gorgeous cards. Both great images, colour combos and layouts.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, your cards are fabulous I love your choice of colour and the images are so sweet:)
    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and designs.  Hop on over to Doing Life and stand a chance to win some lovely digi stamps. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fabulous creations, your colouring is fabulous and I love your colour choices.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Laura! Love the sweet images and the coloring is fabulous!
    Have a nice week!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards Laura!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful Laura I love the way you have used your D Inks I am hopeless with them I always mess my card up if I try to use them. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're both gorgeous Laura, love the cute images you've used :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fab cards Laura, I love the pink girly one, fab layout and beautifully embellished. Congratulations on the launch of the new challenge and thank you for inviting me to be GDT.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards, Laura,so many lovely details to look at. hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the start up of the new challenge. I'm sure it will be a smashing success. Both cards are wonderful. Love the pinks in the first card and the silver corner piece is great. The second card has just the cutest image.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete