Monday, 17 September 2012

Defying Gravity - Songbird Challenges

I can't believe that we are already on challenge #4 over at Songbird Challenges. It seemed like such a long wait till we started on 6th August and now look where we are!!

This week the song I chose was Defying Gravity from it hit musical 'Wicked'. So, for the challenge we want to see cards featuring things that have wings/can fly.

For my card, I used this fab image from Saturated Canary called Elphie - the main character from Wicked is called Elphaba so I am pretty sure Krista has based this one on her. So here she is ..

 
The sentiment is a line that I have taken from Defying Gravity, thought it went quite well with the theme of flying! I coloured Elphie in with my ProMarkers and distressed the edges with Pitch Black Adirondack ink. Everything is matted onto kraft and the backing paper is from the Fall collection from Designed to Delight. The butterflies were punched with a Kars punch and I used some Hobby House pearls to finish.


Thanks for popping by and hope to see you over at Songbird Challenges with your gravity defying creations! Our sponsor this week is Di's Digis so there are $10 worth of digis up for grabs!!

 
Happy Crafting!

13 comments:

  1. Love this card. Wicked is my favourite musical and defying gravity my favourite song from it. I saw it on Broadway on my honeymoon in 2006 and then went to the westend in 2007. Would love to see it again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Laura, love the image and your fabulous colouring. We took our daughter to see Wicked a couple of years ago in the West End for Christmas instead of a panto.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I love the image and your colouring is fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura
    Oh wow what a brilliant image for this fab theme .
    Love this gorgeous card .
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, this is so cool, like your choice of colours and your colouring is fab:)
    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stunning laura.really fantastic image and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura, how fab is this image, what a fantastic holloween card, your colouring is brill hun.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fab card Laura! Wonderful colours and colouring!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant Laura, love her green skin. I have always wanted to see Wicked but never managed, perhaps one day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this Laura! :)

    Awesome card, image and fab colouring!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Laura! What a fun image - and a great coloring!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant love her green complexion!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Laura! Love your design and choice of colors! Beautiful coloring! Hugs,Frances.

    ReplyDelete