Sunday, 23 September 2012

Stampin Sisters in Christ - Psalm 139:14

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14
 
When I think about the complexity of the human body, the perfection of how every tiny part has its part to play, I am amazed. God made us! He even knows how many hairs there are on our head, how amazing is that?!
 
So, this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ, this verse is our inspiration and we want to see something handmade on your creations. Sponsoring the challenge is A Day for Daisies and a $12 gift certificate is up for grabs!
 
 
The image of course is from Saturated Canary and this one is called Wendy. Isn't she gorgeous! I coloured her and her little pooch with my ProMarkers. The backing papers are from the 'From the Heart of the Garden' CD ROM from Joanna Sheen and the sentiment is Craftwork Cards. The flowers were made using two Memory Box dies.
 
 
I can't believe next week is my last week for my GDT month with Stampin Sisters in Christ. I have really enjoyed it! I have to admit, my card nearly didn't get made this week.
 
We are one week away from performing Oklahoma now and rehearsals are 3-4 per week! Today, we have a rehearsal from 2-9, am gonna be pooped by tonight! We have also started rehearsing for Gondoliers, a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta that will be performed in March. Auditions for that are on the Friday night of our Oklahoma performances so we are doing ours this Friday. Eeek! Not to mention that I have not been well at all this week and singing has been at a minimum but I think my voice is on its way back. Some friends got married yesterday and I was singing at the wedding and thankfully I managed it!
 
So, as you can imagine, it is tough fitting crafting around all this!!
 
Downton will unfortunately have to wait till Tuesday night (our only night in this week) .. did everyone watch the first one last week?! It was soooo good!! I love that programme so much .. it makes me go all goosebumpy when I hear the theme tune at the beginning!
 
Anyway, I am starting to babble! Doesn't take much ..
 
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful....gorgeous image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, gorgeous colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the image and the colours are beautiful.
    Good luck with the rehearsals and the show, it sounds like you have had a busy, yet enjoyable, time!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura...I can't believe this is the next to last post as guest designer for SSIC either. Where did that time go. I've enjoyed your creations so much and am so glad to be connected with you so I can enjoy them well beyond your time with us. Your work is beautiful and this card is so sweet. Love your coloring, and the sketch you used. Gorgeous! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning laura.i really love your colour combo and gorgeous image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card my sweetie & of course I lurve the image.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura - This is a great card. I love Saturated Canary. Such adorable images. And I love green ;) So this card is a winner!!!!! I'm so glad you were on our team this month. I really enjoyed all of your projects.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the sweet SC image you've used and those rolled flowers are lovely.
    You are going to be such a busy girl by the sounds of it, I hope all the rehersals goes well and you are feeling better now :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura this is so pretty! I love your attention to details. The flowers are perfect! It was wonderful having you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Laura. Love this adorable image, sooo beautifully coloured. Great backing papers and a fab layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laura gorgeous creation love this image and this beautiful green .
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete