Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Anything Goes - Divas by Design

Morning all, time for another challenge over at Divas by Design. And this week is one we all love as we can make whatever we like, of course it is Anything Goes!!

I had a birthday card I needed to make for my friends little boy who is actually 1 tomorrow so thought I might as well kill two birds with one stone seeing as I could make anything. Now, I don't often make cards for kids but I had already coloured up this Sally the Monkey image by Magnolia, which I thought would be perfect, so I popped online and found a Nitwit collection that went perfectly .. Goin' Bananas. I could seriously buy all the Nitwit kits, they are amazing!!

So here is my card:


Obviously with boys cards, embellishments are usually at a minimum and of course no flowers! So I have just used a few pearls and a couple of butterflies without it looking too girly. I die cut a star with my new Sizzix star dies and put a number 1 sticker in the middle. All the kraft card/backing paper is tinted at the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Thought the jute was a nice touch with it being a bit jungly.


So no excuse not to enter this one cos you can make whatever you like!

Happy Crafting!

15 comments:

  1. Morning Laura love the image such fun, the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so cute and you are right the papers and jute are perfect
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, what a little cutie, I love his dummy, your colour choice is just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura, fab card - such a sweet image and a great layout.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute Laura love it! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hun...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and such a cute image. Love the layout you've used. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Laura, love the cute image and fab papers.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous laura.i love the cheeky monkey and really fab design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so cute! love the banana DP :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh this is gorgeous! Love that super cute monkey and the papers are fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab colour palette on a really fun card. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura, super cute monkey and what a fun card! I LOVE all the layers! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this card is fabulous . I love this image and your design.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just brilliant Laura, love it!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete