Sunday, 11 November 2012

Cold and Frosty - Joanna Sheen Challenge

I am so excited to be on the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog design team, I really am. It is such an honour!! Hopefully I will get to meet the lady herself this weekend at NEC! I am so excited!! And I was so thrilled to be able to work with a House Mouse image for this Cold and Frosty challenge. I just love House Mouse -  they are adorable!! Check out this cutie .. he is from the Winter Candle set ..


I stamped the image onto some white Elegance Satin card, also from Joanna Sheen. This is the best card I have found for colouring with ProMarkers. It is super soft and does not bleed, the perfect match! I then die cut the image out with my largest floral ovals Spellbinders die. I tinted the edges slightly with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I stamped out the image again and decoupaged the mouse and candle to give a bit more depth. I then added some Viva liquid pearls for a snowy effect.


The backing paper is Magnolia and the second layer is some pale blue Whitewash Core'dinations embossed with a snowflake embossing folder and sanded back to reveal the pattern. Both are backed onto kraft and all layers are tinted around the edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I stamped out the sentiment in the same ink. The card is finished with some Martha Stewart punched snowflakes from Centura Pearl and some pearl gems.

I hope that you will join us for this challenge!!

Happy Crafting!

13 comments:

  1. Laura this is gorgeous love the image and the design is fabulous. Have a good time at the NEC. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,love the image and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card Laura, such a gorgeous image!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Laura, I love the soft, subtle colours and of course your cutest ever House Mouse image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply gorgeous fabulous image gorgeous colouring and wonderfully soft layout beautiful
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so gorgeous. I love that cute image and the soft colours are beautiful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is gorgeous and just tooo cute!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh fabulous sweet card:))
    The image is wonderful and sooo cute:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, stunning card Laura, I love the cute image and the design is fab:)
    hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous laura,your design is stunning and i love the sweet image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, this is totally sweet ! The soft colors looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this! :) Stunning card hun, so cute, cosy and adorable! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Laura, love the beautiful colours, the decoration and adorable image!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete