Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Les Miserables Birthday Card

On Saturday night, we went out for a meal for a friend of ours' birthday from our am dram society and then we all went to see the new Les Mis film!! It is amazing!! I love the music anyway but you must see it - it is a great film and the singing is superb!! The songs are still whirring around my head ..

Anyway, I thought the occasion called for a themed birthday card and here it is:


I do struggle with mens cards as I may have said many times but I really enjoyed making this one. One of the songs from Les Mis is called 'One Day More' so I slightly changed it for this card.


And Bob (the birthday boy) loved it!! As long as I make someone smile with my cards I am happy!!

Anyway I hope to be around a bit more now as I have been somewhat AWOL from blogland for the most part over the last few months with one thing and another. I am feeling much better than I was and hope to get some crafting in at some point. I have reduced my DT commitments as I was struggling to keep up so I am now just doing the Joanna Sheen DT and running my challenge blog - Songbird Challenges! So I think that is more manageable for me at the moment.

I am also rehearsing for Jesus Christ Superstar at the moment, which is showing in March at our local theatre and I am loving every minute of rehearsals!!

And thank you to Carol and Bunny for suggesting I download Google Chrome - I can now upload my pics again!! Yay!!

Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. great card Laura, love your design and image. sorry to hear you not been to good, im glad you feeling bit better now. yep im having trouble uploading picts. im have to do the pict by clicking on the HTML button. thanks for the google chrome tip....Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great card Laura, it looks fabulous! Glad you're starting to feel better hun xx Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning laura.really fantastic image and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous Laura! It's a cracking card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Laura - perfect for the occation!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a perfect male card Laura. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great masculine card! Bet your husband just loves it!
    I have not seen Les Mis yet but hope to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura!
    Wow this card is stunning!!! I love the image;-)
    Hugs Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous masculine card. Super details too. X

    ReplyDelete