Saturday, 13 July 2013

Masquerade party

Got something a bit different to show you today!

Hope you are all having a good weekend and enjoying the gorgeous summer we are having!!

Last night we went to a masquerade 21st birthday party and obviously we had to wear a mask! I decided to have a bash at making my own using all my crafty stuff and this is what I ended up with ...


I think it looks great. Just used a plain mask and embossed it with frantage powders from Stampendous. I then put clear gems along the top line of the eyes and added a couple of blue gems at the corner of each eye and a pearl heart on the left cheek. I also glittered around the edges and added some feathers at the top on the right. It was really simple and easy to make!


I also bought Debbi Moore's Old Venice CD ROM a little while ago so I could make a card for the occasion. Due to my disorganisation I was very last minute and had minimum time to get a card together in the end. Even though it doesn't have my usual amount of embellishments on it, I think it still turned out ok. It is simple but all the coordinating elements on the CD made it quick, which is what I needed!! And I just had to go for purple ...


I matted each layer onto Core'dinations and sanded the edges. A Craftwork Cards sentiment and some clear gems finished it off.

Laura xx



3 comments:

  1. your mask is fabulous laura.love all the bling and frantage and your card is so beautiful and stylish :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, and perfect for the masquerade theme.
    I LOVE your mask!! Very elegant and stylish.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, love your card, the image is beautiful. Super colours and layout. How fab is your mask, love it.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete