Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Tilda Tissue Boxes

One of the reasons I have not been blogging much lately is that work has been really tough and I haven't felt like even crafting! Anyway, I won't bore you with the ins and outs but some of my colleagues have been a great support and I wanted to make them something special for being there ..

I had seen some pictures of some tissue boxes someone had made on Facebook, so thought that would a lovely gift for them!

I am really chuffed with the finished product and when I took them into work today they were over the moon. It makes it worthwhile just to see the smile on people's faces when they recieve something handmade.

So here they are - one side includes a chipboard initial, which was painted with Distress Crackle Paint:





The images are all coloured with Distress Markers and the papers are Isabelle by Bo Bunny. The papers are distressed with some Frantage powders and matted onto sanded Core'dinations. I have used a Memory Box butterfly die and Spellbinders butterfly circles around the opening at the top. I have used some lace and ribbon around the box and lid. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I have used some pearl hearts, dazzlers and clear gems to finish.

There is a third one, which isn't quite finished but the lady who it is for is off work at the moment so once I get that finished and she has seen it I will blog it. You just never know, don't want to ruin the surprise!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you like them!!

Laura xx



9 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, what a fab idea and it's wonderful. Loving all the Tilda's and super embellishments, and a great gift.
    Hope things have settled down now.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura, they're beautiful! What a lovely idea, and the images and details are all so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh its gorgeous - so pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, I may try to make some for my craft stall next week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry thing have been tough lately Laura. Hope things improve.
    The tissue boxes are fabulous. Love the images, papers and designs and I am sure they will be thrilled.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura, it's simply stunning - such beuatiful details
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look fabulous - no wonder your friends at work were thrilled! hope things improve for you soon!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is fabulous Laura. lots of pretty details and colours and the tilda`s are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation Laura. Love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete