Saturday, 19 July 2014

Something a bit different ..

So today I have something a bit different to show you ..

I started to crochet a few months ago, and started off with some granny squares, of which I made quite a few but still not enough for a blanket, so that is still a work in progress, and hopefully something I will show on here in time ..

However, I have also started making a blanket that is essentially one big granny square. I started it when we went away for the weekend for my 30th birthday in April and have picked it up again this weekend, a few month later!!

Here is where I am up to ..


I am really chuffed with it! Am going on hol again soon and will take it away with me and hopefully get quite a bit more done on it. You never know, I might have finished it by winter! hehe

Here is a close up from one of the corners:


I got the tutorial for a simple granny square from You Tube and have basically translated it into a big square as if I was starting one and have just kept going.

Hope to share more of my crocheting with you :)

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend!


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Laura. Will look forward to seeing the end result.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and love the colours,I have tried to crochet and it all went wrong,will have to try again.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete