Saturday, 11 October 2014

Christmas with Sheena!

I am always inspired by the talented Sheena, whenever she graces our screens on Create and Craft and I have been meaning for so long to try out her techniques as I do have a few of her stamp sets and a large collection of Distress Inks!

I recently bought the City Christmas stamp set, which is available on the Crafter's Companion website and along with my Distress Inks, this is what I have created, and I am pretty chuffed with how it turned out!


I used Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky and Weathered Wood Distress Inks in that order from top to bottom. I then stamped my images using black Archival ink. The moon is from one of Sheena's other stamp sets - Lakeside Shore. Using a water brush, I then bleached out the colour from the house, the sleigh and reindeers and the moon, then dabbed with some tissue. 

The sentiment is from the same stamp set and the snow was added at the end with a white gel pen.

I intend to be trying more of this kind of thing, it was so fun!

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Laura. The images are fabulous and I love the scene you have created.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning laura.i love your fantastic scene ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete